There are many ways to remember Earthwatch in your estate plans, and most of these gifts are easy to create, very flexible, and can be changed at any time. Even better, they won’t cost you anything during your lifetime, and can earn significant tax benefits for you and your loved ones.
Best of all, planned gifts do NOT require that you be “rich” in order to have a major, lasting impact on the success of our international conservation efforts. In fact, if you have any of the following assets, you can make a planned gift!
- Savings/money market account or CDs
- IRA or other retirement funds
- Real estate
- Life insurance policy
- Appreciated securities
- Tangible personal property such as art, jewelry and collectibles
- Donor advised fund or trust fund
- Name Earthwatch as a beneficiary of your savings/money market account, CD, retirement fund, life insurance policy, donor advised fund, or trust
- Add a bequest to your will to leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate to Earthwatch
- Arrange to earn income from your contributions for the rest of your life by creating a Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Gift Annuity
No matter how you choose to give, every planned gift is deeply appreciated and ensures that your life’s work and values will carry on for many generations to come.
The Earthwatch Legacy Society
Individuals who designate a planned gift to Earthwatch are invited to join Earthwatch’s Legacy Society. Membership is voluntary, and you may do so either publicly or anonymously. You are not required to disclose the details of your gift if you do not wish to do so.
Make your core values known and defend the issues you care about most in perpetuity by joining the Legacy Society. You and your support of Earthwatch’s mission will long be cherished as you help to protect and restore the planet for generations to come. In the face of mounting environmental threats, let your legacy be that you thoughtfully gave the ultimate gift for the future of Earthwatch and the planet!
To join the Legacy Society, or to request more information about making a planned gift to Earthwatch, please contact Heather Wilcox, Director of Annual Giving & Planned Giving, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.