Travel medical and emergency evacuation insurance for your Earthwatch expedition is automatically included in the contribution you pay to Earthwatch. This insurance includes cover for medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, and emergency evacuation due to a security issue or natural disaster while on an Earthwatch expedition. Coverage is valid for the duration of your expedition and during travel to and from your expedition.
Because governing laws in each country differ, policies may be specific to each regional Earthwatch office. Please contact Earthwatch if you have questions about your insurance coverage.
If you signed up through our U.S., U.K., or Japan offices:
- Cover includes personal accident, medical expenses and repatriation, and emergency evacuation.
- This policy does not cover your contribution to Earthwatch, trip cancellation costs or personal liability insurance.*
- One-day programs are not covered by this policy.
- This cover is subject to the limitations, restrictions and exclusions stated in the policy wording and is subject to change without prior notice.
*We strongly recommend that you purchase your own trip cancellation insurance to cover any expenses resulting from an Earthwatch cancellation or from your withdrawal, including the contribution you paid to Earthwatch, airline tickets, change fees or other expenses related to the experience. You may find it helpful to investigate your options through the numerous providers online, comparative websites such as insuremytrip.com, or in discussions with your local insurance providers.
If you signed up in Australia:
- The insurance provider is Liberty.
- The coverage is limited if the expedition is less than 50 kilometers from your place of residence.
- This policy does cover additional vacation time before and/or after your Earthwatch expedition that forms part of your overall time away from your place of residence.
- This coverage does provide personal liability insurance.
To make a claim, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience hands-on science in some of the most astounding locations in the world.
Meet a community of like-minded travelers and return home with stories filled with adventure.
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Earthwatch depends on donations—above and beyond what we raise from volunteers who participate on our expeditions—in order to deliver our global conservation mission. In fact, volunteer contributions provide only half of the total resources Earthwatch needs to sustain over 40 field research expeditions, a wide variety of educational programs, corporate sustainability trainings, and more each year.