Although risk is an inherent part of the environments in which we work, we believe that through careful risk management and diligent planning all participants can have a rewarding, educational and inspirational Earthwatch experience.
Join us on an Earthwatch expedition and you can expect:
- That thorough risk assessments have been carried out prior to the start of the project
- In-depth information provided to participants before fielding, including project conditions and risks associated with the project
- Safe drinking water to be available at all research facilities
- Accommodations that are suitable to the project and research location
- Field staff trained in emergency procedures
- Detailed emergency response plans for each and every project
- Around-the-clock emergency assistance from dedicated Earthwatch staff
- A trained incident management team
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Earthwatch depends on donations—above and beyond what we raise from volunteers who participate on our expeditions—in order to deliver our global conservation mission. In fact, volunteer contributions provide only half of the total resources Earthwatch needs to sustain over 40 field research expeditions, a wide variety of educational programs, corporate sustainability trainings, and more each year.
Experience hands-on science in some of the most astounding locations in the world. Meet a community of like-minded travelers and return home with stories filled with adventure.