Although risk is an inherent part of the environments in which we work, we believe that through careful risk management and diligent planning all participants can have a rewarding, educational and inspirational Earthwatch experience.
Join us on an Earthwatch expedition and you can expect:
- That thorough risk assessments have been carried out prior to the start of the project
- In-depth information provided to participants before fielding, including project conditions and risks associated with the project
- Safe drinking water to be available at all research facilities
- Accommodations that are suitable to the project and research location
- Field staff trained in emergency procedures
- Detailed emergency response plans for each and every project
- Around-the-clock emergency assistance from dedicated Earthwatch staff
- A trained incident management team
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Earthwatch depends on donations - above and beyond what we raise from volunteers who participate on our expeditions - in order to deliver our global conservation mission. In fact, volunteer contributions provide only half of the total resources Earthwatch needs to sustain over 40 field research expeditions, a wide variety of educational programs, corporate sustainability trainings, and more each year.
Experience hands-on science in some of the most astounding locations in the world. Meet a community of like-minded travelers and return home with stories filled with adventure.