Rekindle your passion for teaching... outside the classroom.
Project Kindle Qualifications
We’re looking for high school classroom teachers within the U.S. who:
- Are available to travel for 7-14 days
- Are committed to engaging students on an Earthwatch expedition by 2022
- Have time and flexibility in your schedule to take on this commitment
- Are passionate about education
- Have enthusiasm for collaborating with a team of teachers from diverse backgrounds and experience levels
Project Kindle Award Details
A Project Kindle Fellowship includes the full cost of your assigned expedition, including meals, accommodations, and on-site transportation. Fellows also receive a travel award grant to offset out-of-pocket travel expenses to and from the expedition site. Travel award value varies by project location.
How to apply for a Project Kindle fellowship
- Currently the application process for this fellowship is on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be posting a new date for our applications on this page once we are ready to resume our fielding season. Stay tuned!
I would have never imagined an Earthwatch expedition was even a possible trip for my students without Project Kindle. My biggest takeaway was if I want to make this trip happen, I can make it happen.
William Leou — 2018 Project Kindle fellow, 6th grade science teacher at the Brooklyn School for Collaborative Studies, Brooklyn, NY