This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Part-time, salaried
Salary: $35.00 to $50.00 per hour
The content writer will assist Earthwatch’s Communications Department in developing collateral to promote Earthwatch’s Student Group Expeditions to different target audiences, including high school teachers, administrators, students, and parents.
The Student Group Expeditions program (http://earthwatch.org/education/student-group-expeditions) offers international education travel opportunities for high school students and their teachers. These expeditions are unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to work alongside scientists and conduct research that helps protect, conserve, and understand the natural world.
The content writer will work across departments to fine-tune messaging to align with audiences’ needs. Suitable candidates should be adept at interviewing different audience groups and interpreting feedback into actionable next steps to develop effective content for the website, print materials, and social media.
*Note this is a 6-month position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a targeted content strategy aimed at converting new Student Group Expedition leads into customers, addressing each stage of the funnel
- Produce written and visual materials to align with content strategy
- Conduct interviews with target audiences (including teachers, students, parents, and school administrators) and use insights to inform content strategy
- Leverage data analytics to inform content strategy
- Research keyword ranking opportunities for Earthwatch.org
- Analyze Earthwatch’s competitors to identify gaps in the market
- Help establish Earthwatch as a thought leader in the student group travel space
- Strong writing skills are a must
- 5+ years of content marketing experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while working independently
- Experience producing content in the educational space, specifically for student/teacher programs
- Experience with graphic design and related software preferred but not required
- Strong interest in environmental and conservation news
Interested applicants should submit a resume, writing sample, and cover letter including availability via the form on this page.
Earthwatch is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to create a diverse and inclusive organization that is reflective of the global communities with whom we work. We actively seek individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, sexes, religions, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls please. Due to limited resources, we are only able to accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States.