Earthwatch is an international environmental nonprofit organization that engages people in scientific field research and education. To achieve our mission, we offer research expeditions at exciting locations around the globe. Participants on these expeditions assist top scientists as they investigate important questions about how we can better protect our planet.
Location: Oxford, UK
Position Type: Full time (12-month contract)
Salary: £25,733 - £30,498 (dependent on experience)
Deadline for Application: 30th November 2013
Interviews: w/c 9th December 2013
Earthwatch seeks an enthusiastic Drupal Developer to take on management and development of our exciting new website, thewaterhub.org. The site provides the infrastructure for Earthwatch’s HSBC Water Programme and will engage people with water issues and citizen science through water quality recording in the field.
- Undertaking website development in collaboration with the Online Project Manager
- Advising on responsive design and cross browser approaches
- Reviewing and improving existing code
- Top notch PHP and Drupal skills
- Custom module and theme development for Drupal 7
- Very strong HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery skills
- Extensive experience with Apache, Linux and MySQL
- Ability to estimate timescales and deliver to deadlines
- Experience working with Twitter Bootstrap or similar Frontend framework
- Understanding of website performance for high-traffic websites
- Responsive development for a variety of screen sizes and devices
- Ability to understand and adapt to the code style you will be working with
- Experience working to web standards and accessibility guidelines
- Experience with Git or other Version Control Systems
Please send your covering letter and CV preferably to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Earthwatch cannot support visa applications. We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.