This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Part-time, salaried
Department: Public Program
Deadline for Application: December 31, 2014
The Sales Trainer role is designed to augment training and support to the sales team in order to build skill capacity and support productivity.
- Assist in development and improvement of pitches (established script) and call handling strategies to increase productivity.
- Communicates information to improve phone room function.
- Trains staff (new hires) in selling, product knowledge and monitors effectiveness.
- Monitors telemarketing staff productivity, and recommends policy changes or training to improve results.
- Continually assesses productivity and call activity in order to ensure maximum performance and support department service standards to the fullest extent.
- Conducts side-by-side observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews to ensure quality customer interactions and productivity procedures are followed.
- Coaches and develops team members in soft skills and account management skills including, but not limited to, probing, closing, supporting, mirroring, voice inflection, benefit/value statements, active listening, and call control techniques.
- Proven track record of success with an in house sales team
- Three or more years of experience focusing on new business and/or sales and account management
- The ability to build strong relationships both externally and internally
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental sales methodology
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Experience working in educational travel or study abroad markets (preferred)