Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Department: Program Delivery
This intern will support the Program Delivery team, which manages the development and implementation of Earthwatch’s citizen science expeditions, student fellowships, teacher fellowships, and corporate sustainability programs. As an intern you will assist in a variety of tasks that support the delivery of these programs. This includes helping to engage and inspire confident participants who are passionate about the environment and supporting sustainability.
Internships offer training in a variety of tasks and provide individuals an opportunity to be part of an exciting and dynamic team. Internship responsibilities may shift with seasonal needs. Responsibilities may include:
- Analyze evaluation data to assess the quality of our programs and impacts on participants.
- Synthesize reports to communicate our programs’ results to funders and stakeholders.
- Research funding opportunities.
- Analyze potential partners whose research and interests provide a fitting platform for corporate sustainability.
- Carry out ongoing administrative tasks.
- Support coordination of the fellowship application process.
- Build awareness of our programs by developing outreach materials, expedition briefings, and assisting in other communications tasks.
- Basic understanding of and an interest in sustainability, conservation, or environmental education.
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, resourcefulness, and collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to multitask, handle details, and stay organized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and abide by data protection guidelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to work in an office setting.
- Experience with citizen science (optional).
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume below. *Please specify in your cover-letter your availability and potential start date.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and on a rolling basis.
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use toward a qualified Earthwatch expedition. We require a minimum commitment of 120 hours over a minimum of 3 months. We also encourage use of the internship for academic credit, thesis work, or practicum work for a degree or certificate program.
All applicants must make their own living arrangements within commuting distance to Boston. All interns are required to have individual health insurance coverage. Placement will be based on qualifications and availability.