THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK MAIN JOBS PAGE FOR OPENINGS.
Earthwatch is an international environmental nonprofit organization that engages people in scientific field research and education. To achieve our mission, we offer research expeditions at exciting locations around the globe. Participants on these expeditions assist top scientists as they investigate important questions about how we can better protect our planet.
Location: Boston, MA
Position Type: Full time, salaried, exempt
As the Marketing Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for writing marketing and promotional materials for online and offline channels. Your focus will be leadership of creating, writing, editing, and proofing print and digital creative for Earthwatch Expeditions. This individual will also support a range of marketing materials tied to fundraising, scientific research, and corporate development.
The ideal candidate will also have experience with marketing strategy, development, deployment, and best practices. A nonprofit and/or science background is a plus.
The client is a nonprofit in the environmental research and volunteer travel sectors that offers individuals the opportunity to participate on scientific expeditions all over the world. Candidate must be marketing oriented with a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities while managing time effectively.
- Ensuring all Earthwatch Expedition Briefing publications are current and updated regularly
- Building and maintaining production schedules and ensuring deadlines are hit
- Partnering with internal staff and external scientists to gather information needed for publications
- Using InDesign to create, lay out, and edit marketing materials
- Coordinating print specifications and production with print vendor; manage inventory
- Gathering appropriate and interesting content that can be shared across the organization’s social media platforms
- Actively contributing to Earthwatch Unlocked, the organization’s blog
- Developing content and writing copy for other internal and external, online and offline, purposes, including annual catalogs, online content, marketing communications, and more
- Organizing and manage the marketing digital photo library
- Fulfilling requests for content from the media, as well as other internal and external clients
- Managing the Marketing Department calendar for all projects
- Copyediting and reviewing all internal and external communications
- 3+ years of marketing experience or writing and editing experience in the corporate or nonprofit sphere
- Excellent copywriting and basic design skills across online and print formats, leveraging Microsoft Office suite and Adobe InDesign; familiarity with AP Style preferred
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external professionals, in countries across the world
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently, while part of a marketing team
- An interest in environmental science and conservation and travel
Send cover letter and resume to HR@earthwatch.org.
No phone calls please.
We only accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States.
Salary to commensurate with experience.