Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
As a Strategic Partnerships Intern, you will assist in a variety of tasks to build awareness of Earthwatch programs with foundations and within the corporate sustainability world. You will support the Development department in highlighting the value and impact of Earthwatch’s corporate and foundation partnerships. You will gain skills and knowledge in corporate social responsibility and in non-profit partnership development, including lead prospecting, market research, and how to communicate the value of a program or organization. You will work with your manager to design a project to grow the professional skills included in this posting.
We work with partners to create and execute programs that inform and empower sustainability leaders. We run corporate programs that combine environmental research with sustainability training to engage employees with their company’s sustainability goals. Our foundation and corporate funded STEM programs engage students and teachers in citizen science to foster the next generation of STEM leaders.
This internship offers training in a variety of tasks and will provide you with an opportunity to be part of an exciting and dynamic team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify foundations and corporations for potential partnerships
- Conduct research on the sustainability and CSR (corporate social responsibility) practices of corporate prospects
- Collate and analyze data from participant evaluations, to illustrate program impact to partners
- Support alignment of Earthwatch program with best practices in CSR (corporate social responsibility)
- Write communications pieces for prospective partners in collaboration with staff
- Interest in fundraising, grant writing, sales, or business development
- Interest in biology/ecology/environmental science/STEM/corporate sustainability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing skills, creativity a plus
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, flexibility, and collaboration skills
- Exceptional organizational ability and time-management skills
Winter/Spring internship available & Summer internship available.
Flexible hours. Part time or full time available.
Intern Credit Program
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use towards a qualified Earthwatch expedition and are invited to participate in all Earthwatch activities. We require a minimum commitment of 120 hours over a minimum of 1 month. We also encourage use of the internship for academic credit, thesis, or practicum work towards degree or certificate programs.
This position is based in our Boston office at 1380 Soldiers Field Road, Boston, MA 02135.
We are only able to accept Massachusetts based applicants into the program, or those with a confirmed place to stay within commuting distance to Boston. Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the United States. All interns are required to have individual health insurance. Placement will be subject to qualifications and availability.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter illustrating your qualifications, why you are interested in this internship, and what you are looking to gain from this internship.
- A current resume, detailing relevant experience.
- Your availability (days per week, and months of availability).
Interested applicants should submit application material via: https://earthwatch.org/About/Jobs-Internships
Earthwatch is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to create a diverse and inclusive organization that is reflective of the global communities with whom we work. We actively seek individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, sexes, religions, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls please.