This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Contractor/Consultant
The Operations Coordinator will focus on supporting business operations in order to maximize sales, revenue, and customer satisfaction; reduce cost; and improve efficiency. The role will work directly with the Operations Manager and liaise with other staff to ensure efficient operations and assist with the execution of new business initiatives. The ideal candidate will be organized and adaptable and possess prior project coordination experience.
This is a Part-Time, Temporary, Hourly position of 20 hours per week. At minimum, this position runs through the end of September 2018; however, there may be an opportunity to extend the engagement beyond that.
- Facilitate the Operations Department’s meeting aggressive timelines for inventory production.
- Compile and report on inventory financial and recruitment performance, suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Work in collaboration with Operations Manager to price and release inventory to the public.
- Create and distribute reports and updates.
- Assist with delivery of new products aligned with business and customer-specific needs (scientists, grantors, fellows, & self-funded customers).
- Maintain database to a high standard of integrity:
- Create and update records as needed;
- Troubleshoot and correct database errors and duplications, perform routine database audits and assist with ongoing projects to clean and reconfigure database.
- Prepare lead lists for upload into the database.
- Support ad-hoc, cross departmental needs, e.g. research and compile lead prospect lists, data entry of leads, respond to inquiries, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or business
- Demonstrated commitment to Earthwatch’s mission and values
- Interest in NGO sector, sustainability, public engagement, and international programs
- Exceptional listening, time management and organizational skills
- Proven track record in project and operations coordination and delivery
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results across a diverse range of tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (such as Excel, Word, and Outlook) and relational databases (such as CRM Dynamics)
- Detail-oriented, adaptable and motivated
- Willingness to learn and work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to utilize technology to aid planning and efficient communication
- Ability to build responsive and effective relationships respecting different points of view and understanding varied perspectives and resource demands
- Ongoing drive to find better ways to do business; able to constructively challenge the status quo in order to drive better mission delivery, revenue generation and results
- Willingness to offer constructive and creative ideas and solutions to overcome obstacles and add value
- Ability to deliver within high performing teams, working with energy and enthusiasm and managing peers and managers effectively
- Ability to operate with organizational and personal integrity
- Ability to understand and manage your own personal strengths and development areas
- A ‘can-do’ positive and collaborative attitude
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via the form below.
No phone calls please. Due to limited resources, we are only able to accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States.
Earthwatch is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieve excellence and diversity among our staff. Employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, or any other category protected by law.