At Earthwatch, we adhere to a high standard of ethics that form the backbone of our relationships with our donors.
To ensure that we merit the respect and trust of the general public and to better protect our current and future donors, Earthwatch endorses the following donor rights. As a donor, you will:
- Be informed of our mission, the way we use philanthropic gifts, and our ability to use those contributions effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be kept informed of the identity of those serving on our Board of Directors, and can expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in guiding the organization to greater success.
- Have access to our most current financial statements in a timely manner.
- Be assured that your gifts will be used as you requested.
- Receive timely and appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for your contributions.
- Be assured that sensitive information related to your gifts will be kept confidential to the extent as required by law and will not be publicly acknowledged against your wishes. Your information will not be shared regardless of the manner in which you choose to donate (online, via email or snail mail). Earthwatch does not sell or rent its donor lists.
- Expect professional, courteous interactions with all staff within the organization.
- Be informed whether those seeking support are volunteers, employees, or hired solicitors, when being solicited.
- Be able to limit your Earthwatch communications if you so choose.
- Be able to ask questions and to receive timely and truthful responses.