If you’ve got an Earthwatch Expedition coming up, we’ve got you covered. Find out how.
Travel and emergency medical evacuation insurance for your Earthwatch Expedition is automatically included in the contribution you pay to Earthwatch. This insurance covers your travel medical risks, including medical expenses and emergency medical evacuation, while you are traveling. It also provides trip cancellation insurance and baggage and personal money insurance. Coverage is valid in the country of your expedition and during travel to and from your expedition. This insurance policy is secondary to your existing health insurance policy (e.g., NHS in the U.K. or Medicare in Australia).
Earthwatch can take no responsibility for any cancellation or amendment penalties that your travel agent may charge if you have to change your travel plans. Your travel arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions of the travel agency through which you make your booking.
Because governing laws in each country differ, policies may be specific to each regional Earthwatch office. Please contact Earthwatch if you have questions about your insurance coverage.
If you signed up in the U.S., U.K., or Japan:
- The insurance provider is Axis Global.
- For volunteers from the United States, the coverage is valid only when the expedition is more than 100 miles from your place of residence.
- This policy does not cover your contribution to Earthwatch.
- This policy does not cover additional vacation time before and/or after your Earthwatch expedition that forms part of your overall time away from your place of residence.
- Personal liability insurance is not provided under this policy.
To make a claim, please email Axis Global or call them in the United Kingdom at +44-20-3059-8771.
If you signed up in Australia:
- The insurance provider is ACE Assistance.
- The coverage is limited if the expedition is less than 50 kilometers from your place of residence.
- This policy does cover additional vacation time before and/or after your Earthwatch expedition that forms part of your overall time away from your place of residence.
- This coverage does provide personal liability insurance.
Australian volunteers should email ACE Assistance , call them at +61-2-8907-5995, or download claims forms at aceassistance.com.