If you’ve got an Earthwatch Expedition coming up, we’ve got you covered. Find out how.
Travel medical and emergency evacuation insurance for your Earthwatch expedition is automatically included in the contribution you pay to Earthwatch. This insurance includes cover for medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, and emergency evacuation due to a security issue or natural disaster while on an Earthwatch expedition. Coverage is valid for the duration of your expedition and during travel to and from your expedition.
Because governing laws in each country differ, policies may be specific to each regional Earthwatch office. Please contact Earthwatch if you have questions about your insurance coverage.
If you signed up through our U.S., U.K., or Japan offices:
- The insurance provider is Watkins Syndicate 457 at Lloyd’s of London.
- Cover includes personal accident, medical expenses and repatriation, evacuation and some cover for personal property.
- This policy does not cover emergency evacuation within ones country of residence, your contribution to Earthwatch, any travel costs such as trip cancellation or curtailment, or personal liability insurance. *
- One-day programs are not covered by this policy.
- This cover is subject to the limitations, restrictions and exclusions stated in the policy wording and is subject to change without prior notice.
For additional information, please refer to the policy documents or contact Earthwatch’s insurance liaison at email@example.com.
* We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance to cover any expenses resulting from an Earthwatch cancellation or from your withdrawal, including airline tickets, change fees or other travel costs, special clothing and equipment, visa, passport and vaccination fees, or other expenses related to the experience. You may find it helpful to visit comparative websites such as insuremytrip.com
If you signed up in Australia:
- The insurance provider is ACE Assistance.
- The coverage is limited if the expedition is less than 50 kilometers from your place of residence.
- This policy does cover additional vacation time before and/or after your Earthwatch expedition that forms part of your overall time away from your place of residence.
- This coverage does provide personal liability insurance.
To make a claim, contact ACE Assistance, call them at +61-2-8907-5995, or download claims forms at aceassistance.com.