THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK MAIN JOBS PAGE FOR OPENINGS.
Earthwatch is an international environmental nonprofit organization that engages people in scientific field research and education. To achieve our mission, we offer research expeditions at exciting locations around the globe. Participants on these expeditions assist top scientists as they investigate important questions about how we can better protect our planet.
Location: Boston, MA
Position Type: Full time, salaried, exempt
As Web Content Manager, you will be in the Marketing Department and responsible for developing and implementing digital communications for the organization. You will assure the quality and execution of website content, search engine optimization, email campaigns, and online advertising. You will manage all digital projects on time, on budget, and on strategy – from concept, to build, to delivery.
- Website Content Management – Ongoing strategic oversight, coordination, and management of website content based on input of internal stakeholders and needs of external audiences; Oversee posting of content via DotNetNuke content management system; training other staff, as necessary.
- Website Analytics – Ongoing strategic oversight, coordination, and management of website content based on input of internal stakeholders and needs of external audiences; Oversee posting of content via DotNetNuke content management system; training other staff, as necessary.
- Search Engine Optimization – Serve as the expert on most effective SEO techniques, and continuously help optimize website through content modifications and other means to optimize search rankings.
- Email Campaigns – Help develop and implement communication strategies to house file and prospect audiences. Help build and deploy campaign management system that works with the organization’s database that can be used to deploy and measure electronic communications.
- Online Advertising – Manage the development and implementation of online advertising strategy to support organizational programs. This includes Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and other online opportunities.
- Communications Strategy – Support development of an integrated communications plan for the organization. Manage external agencies and vendors who may assist with various Earthwatch deliveries, such as website analytics and paid search.
- Ensure each project is properly scoped and adequately documented prior to initiation.
- Develop cost estimates and timelines for digital projects.
- Lead planning and delivery for all digital projects while coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee quality assurance for every project, and that adequate time and resources are reserved.
- Oversee any other design projects as the organization deems necessary, and based on marketing priorities.
- Report to Director of Direct Marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a website, web based applications, email campaigns.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels within the organization.
- A true passion for the digital space and the use of technology to enhance our lives.
- Understanding of online advertising best practices, including SEO, PPC and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, such as DotNetNuke.
- Working knowledge of design applications, such as converting Photoshop design documents into html in order build email templates or web pages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).