THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK MAIN JOBS PAGE FOR OPENINGS.
Earthwatch is an international environmental nonprofit organization that engages people in scientific field research and education. To achieve our mission, we offer research expeditions at exciting locations around the globe. Participants on these expeditions assist top scientists as they investigate important questions about how we can better protect our planet.
Location: Boston, MA
Position Type: Full time, salaried, exempt
Department: Public Program
As Group Sales Manager will create and maintain relationships with schools, universities, and other educational organizations to support our global volunteer program. He or she is responsible for growing sales and market share in North America and building strong relationships to generate new and repeat sales. He or she will also have input into our overall marketing and product-development strategies.
Create and maintain relationships with marquee schools and universities in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Developing and implementing a prospecting plan and sending weekly updates to management
- Generating new sales by reaching out to and working with educators and representatives from educational organizations, such as zoos and aquariums
- Managing leads generated by marketing campaigns
- Maintaining and growing existing relationships with schools, universities, and other organizations, providing outstanding stewardship at all stages
- Developing and executing long-term sales strategies
- Providing market intelligence and translating it into enhanced revenues and competitive positioning
- Forecasting sales with consistency and accuracy
- Working with Earthwatch program managers to maximize placement of groups on Earthwatch research projects
- Attending conferences and events nationally as needed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of success in outside sales and/or nonprofit development
- Three or more years of experience focusing on new business and/or sales and account management
- Exceptional presentation and public-speaking skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality
- The ability to build strong relationships both externally and internally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental sales methodology
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Travel is required: must own a car
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working in educational travel or study abroad markets
- Strong interest in environmental conservation
- Bachelor’s degree in science-related field
- International travel and/or work experience