Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Create, write and edit content for digital, direct print marketing and collateral materials within a non-profit environment with a focus on promoting expeditions, writing news articles, and supporting fundraising, education and corporate initiatives.
This lead copywriter will create and write marketing and promotional materials for online and offline channels. Copywriter will be responsible for taking complex environmental science information and distilling it into clear written communications. Specifically, this person will:
- Write and/or edit all Earthwatch content, including expedition briefings, catalogs, web pages, annual reports, field reports, press releases, and marketing collateral across the organization.
- Partner with a graphic designer to develop content and implement design
- Conduct interviews with Earthwatch volunteers, staff, scientists and other contributors to write content for news articles, web pages, and other online and print materials.
- Liaise with Director of Marketing to edit and proof all written content prior to delivery, including that of other staff.
- Manage other Earthwatch editorial staff, including any freelance writers, editors, proofreaders, interns, or volunteers.
- Oversee any other writing, editing, and proofreading projects as the organization deems necessary, and based on marketing priorities.
- 5+ years of marketing experience or writing and editing experience in the corporate or nonprofit sphere, with a background in science or technical writing preferred.
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail, across online and print formats, leveraging Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with AP Style and comfort following in-house style requirements.
- Comfortable making website updates leveraging a content management system (CMS).
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external professionals, in countries across the world.