This position is no longer recruiting!
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Salary: £130 per day or £2600 per mth/ OMR 83 per day or OMR 1660 per mth
Deadline for Application: March 26, 2014
Interviews: March 31, 2014 - April 01, 2014
This role is to establish and maintain support systems in the office for our fast growing team in Oman. The post is full time, fixed term consultancy contract for 21 months, starting April 2014, ending December 2015.
This contract is being hired to establish and maintain support systems in the office for our fast growing team in Oman, who are running multiple projects and establishing new activities at an increasing rate. Based in Oman, this person will support the Senior Research and Programme Manager (SR&PM) who oversees the Oman Earthwatch Programme (OEP), and work closely with all members of the team.
The main two objectives for this role are:
- To set up and maintain administrative processes and routines that create a smooth-running office environment.
- Establish a high level of customer relationship management within the OEP, in particular to establish and maintain strong links with external organisations in Oman.
Key deliverables will include:
- Implement financial tracking and reporting systems.
- Create links with Arabic translation and design companies/contractors, and managing jobs.
- Set up an office resources system, to monitor and keep records of supplies and equipment.
- Manage needs for scanning, printing and distributing documents.
- Maintain database records.
- Set up a file sharing system that works for all contractors and staff on OEP.
- Organise travel and in-country arrangements for visiting staff.
- Create an intern induction and support system for office-based interns.
- Organise and prepare for group meetings and conference calls.
- Create and implement a plan to engage and establish links with relevant Omani and international organisations who can support and benefit from OEP activities.
- Support existing relationships with other key Omani organisations. E.g. making key contacts, arranging and attending meetings, acquiring necessary permits and letters.
We are looking for a person who can demonstrate a capability for managing timelines and delivering results whilst juggling a diverse range of tasks.
- Proven efficient and effective office management experience is vital, as are interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate collaborative working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong administrative and budgetary skills are critical, as well as Microsoft Office skills and experience of using databases.
- We also require a track record in customer relationship management.
- Arabic language skills and knowledge of the Middle East would be a big advantage but aren’t essential.
- The role would suit someone with a good understanding of conservation research issues and preferably a background in environmental science or zoology/biology/ecology, although anyone who can demonstrate a passion for environmental research and education is welcome to apply.
Please note that a valid international driving licence (or Omani equivalent) is essential for some aspects of the work.