This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Deadline for Application: October 02, 2014
The Marketing Intern will assist the marketing department in generating and updating written communications produced by the team. Based on interest and skills, the intern may also be involved in online research, graphic design and social media.
Partner with the Earthwatch marketing team to develop online and offline content, and conduct internet research. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Updating Earthwatch marketing information on external sites.
- Identifying new websites and blogs for increasing Earthwatch’s online presence.
- Organizing blogs and videos submitted by volunteers.
- Assisting with editing and design of ongoing social media and marketing publications.
- Providing administrative support for other marketing projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong writing ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Basic InDesign and Photoshop knowledge a plus
- Ability to work independently, while also supporting a team
- Ability to move between multiple projects
While this internship is unpaid, we do have an attractive intern recognition program. Interns receive credits to be used toward a qualified Earthwatch expedition, an exciting opportunity to participate in important field research projects.
We are looking for an intern to work between 2 to 4 days per week, with a minimum of a 10-week commitment.
All applicants must make their own living arrangements for them to stay within commuting distance to Boston, placement will be based on qualifications and availability.