This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Salary: $36,500 to $43,500
This position will write marketing and promotional materials for online and offline channels with a focus on creating, editing, and proofing print and digital creative for Earthwatch Expeditions. This position will also support fundraising, scientific research, and corporate initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a workhorse with experience in marketing strategy, development, deployment, and best practices. A nonprofit and/or science background is a plus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Earthwatch Expedition Publications Development:
- Ensuring all Earthwatch Expedition Briefing publications are current and updated regularly.
- Building production schedules and managing deadlines.
- Partnering with internal staff and external scientists to gather information needed for publications.
- Coordinating print specifications and production with print vendor; manage inventory.
- Developing content and sharing across the organization’s social media platforms.
- Developing content and writing copy for online and offline platforms, including annual catalogs, web pages, marketing communications, news articles, and press releases.
- Updating website content through content management systems.
- Managing the Marketing Department calendar for all projects.
- Copyediting and reviewing all internal and external communications.
- Fulfilling requests for content from the media, as well as other internal and external clients.
- 3+ years of marketing experience or writing and editing experience in the corporate or nonprofit sphere.
- Excellent copywriting and basic design skills across online and print formats, leveraging Microsoft Office suite.
- Comfortable making website updates leveraging a content management system (CMS).
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external professionals, in countries across the world.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently, while part of a marketing team.
- An interest in environmental science and conservation and travel.