This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Salary: £10 per day towards expenses
Deadline for Application: April 21, 2014
Interviews: April 28, 2014 - May 02, 2014
Earthwatch is looking for an intern to work in the marketing and communications team for up to three months, based in Oxford, to support the team with a photography and video project.
Earthwatch is looking for an intern to work in the marketing and communications team for up to three months, based in Oxford, to support the team with a photography and video project:
- FreshWater Watch – this is one of Earthwatch’s flagship programmes operating in more than 30 cities around the world. Data on water quality is being collected by citizen scientists under the supervision of leading local researchers. To promote the work of the citizen scientists and to market the programme to new partners we are collating and editing submitted photographs and video to create a wide range of collateral.
- The intern will identify and evaluate submitted material and optimise it for a variety of publishing platforms including print, online, social media and broadcast.
- Other responsibilities - Supporting and representing Earthwatch at internal and external events.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills.
- A university degree in marketing, PR, journalism or graphic design.
- A pro-active mentality and ability to work independently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills, in particular in photo and editing packages.
- An interest in the environmental issues.
- Commitment and enthusiasm.
- Contract length around three months, flexible according to candidate availability.
- Must be available to interview week commencing Monday 21 April
- Expenses covered at £10 per day in the office.
- 3 to 5 days a week (intern’s choice), public holidays given.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Earthwatch cannot support visa applications.
- Experience of working with an international marketing and communications team.
- Experience of working with a variety of other departments.
- Experience of working in an international conservation NGO, and of how the day-to-day business of a non-profit organisation differs from the corporate world.
- Exposure to different scientific disciplines and the process of scientific funding.
You will go through an orientation program, be assigned a mentor, and will be invited to participate in all Earthwatch related activities from guest lecturers to social events. Interns fill a vital role in our organisational structure and we will treat you accordingly.