This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Update and interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations on fundraising strategies. Gain experience using fundraising tools such as Wealth Engine and a Customer Relationship Management database.
Support annual giving, special events, donor relations, corporate and foundation relations, prospect and donor research, online fundraising, and management operations. This position will be a great fit for a learning-oriented individual who has an entrepreneurial drive and excellent research and communication skills.
- Research biographical and financial information on individuals, foundations and corporations to create research profiles for fundraising priorities.
- Work with staff on ways to further engage Earthwatch’s leadership donors.
- Make stewardship phone calls to Earthwatch donors.
- Create new database records, input/update address information, notes, relationships, and other pertinent information in records as needed.
- Troubleshoot and correct database errors and duplications, assist with ongoing projects to update and reconfigure database.
- Assist with mailings, filing and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- High level of computer proficiency and strong ability to learn new software tools quickly and effectively.
- Organized, detail-oriented problem-solver.
- Solid time-management and multi-tasking skills needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in environmental sustainability and/or non-profit fundraising a plus.
- This internship requires a commitment of 10-25 hours per week for 12-14 weeks, with a flexible start date and possible extension opportunities. Please specify the time period during which you seek to intern.