This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Assist in a variety of tasks that aim to engage and inspire confident ambassadors who are passionate about supporting sustainability within their organization and their community.
- Conduct research to support ongoing partnerships.
- Analyze potential partners whose research and interests provide a fitting platform for corporate sustainability.
- Review and process participants’ reports and evaluations.
- Assess the impacts of field-based research projects on funded partners and their stakeholders and create case studies to further the mission and communication to our partners.
- Help Earthwatch staff coordinate the fellowship application process.
- Basic understanding of sustainability and an interest in sustainable business.
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, resourcefulness, and collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to multitask, handle details, and stay organized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and abide by data protection guidelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French is a plus.
- Have a basic understanding of Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use toward a qualified Earthwatch expedition. We require a minimum commitment of 120 hours over a minimum of 3 months. We also encourage use of the internship for academic credit, thesis work, or practicum work for a degree or certificate program.
We can only accept Massachusetts-based applicants, or those with a confirmed place to stay within commuting distance to Boston. Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the United States. All interns must have individual health insurance.