Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Assist in a variety of tasks that aim to engage and inspire confident ambassadors who are passionate about supporting sustainability within their organization and their community.
- Carry out ongoing administrative tasks.
- Conduct research to support ongoing partnerships.
- Analyze potential partners whose research and interests provide a fitting platform for corporate sustainability.
- Assess the impacts of field-based research projects on funded partners and their stakeholders to create case studies and/or evaluation reports to further the mission and communication to our partners.
- Help Earthwatch staff coordinate the fellowship application process.
- Review and process participants’ reports and evaluations.
- Assist in review/analysis of water quality data to develop outreach material and assist in other communications tasks as they arise.
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, resourcefulness, and collaboration skills.
- Basic understanding of sustainability and an interest in sustainable business.
- Strong ability to multitask, handle details, and stay organized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and abide by data protection guidelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have a basic understanding of Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French is a plus.
- Some familiarity with GIS and/or water quality analysis is a plus.
- Current undergraduate student, or less than two years out of school.
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use toward a qualified Earthwatch expedition. We require a minimum commitment of 120 hours over a minimum of 3 months. We also encourage use of the internship for academic credit, thesis work, or practicum work for a degree or certificate program.
All applicants must make their own living arrangements for them to stay within commuting distance to Boston, placement will be based on qualifications and availability.
*Please specify in your cover-letter your availability and potential start date.