Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Contractor/Consultant
Department: Program Delivery
The primary responsibility of the Communications Manager is to work in partnership with the Earthwatch Urban Resiliency team to develop compelling story content for the website and monthly newsletter. The manager, a natural storyteller, will manage content development on an ongoing basis, serving as the linchpin to web-based program communications and media outreach efforts.
The program involves close to 10 partnerships with nonprofit and research teams in the greater Los Angeles area. A dynamic website is urgently needed to build a stronger online presence, community and brand; to share results; and more.
This role is a Part-Time, contracted position for approximately 10 hours per week.
- Manage content generation for the website on an ongoing basis
- Manage content generation for the monthly newsletter on an ongoing basis
- Actively monitor engagement of stakeholders, and respond accordingly
- Spearhead new ideas for brand-building and digital engagement
- Strong interest in the Earthwatch mission, sustainability
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with strong understanding of writing for the web
- Science journalism/writing experience strongly desired
- Keen understanding of the power of storytelling
- Eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative nature
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Boston-based, preferred
- WordPress experience, preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter using the form below.
No phone calls please. Due to limited resources, we are only able to accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States. Earthwatch is an equal opportunity employer.