This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Deadline for Application: November 24, 2014
Earthwatch are looking for an individual who will be responsible for investigating and analysing business activities and processes and looking to make them more efficient through the use of IT resources. They will work with business stakeholders to deliver effective business transformation.
Business / Data Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to Business Intelligence in order for the organization to collect, maintain, and organize knowledge effectively
- Perform complex data analysis, including production of queries, in support of ad-hoc and routine management or staff requests
- Identify areas for improvement, focusing on identifying technology changes to the organization that are required to achieve strategic goals
- Work as part of the Project team through the complete lifecycle of projects
- Understand and work as part of the IT team to resolve all technical application or interface issues
- Work with users to create requirements through needs assessments, requirements gathering and technical specifications
- Work with the development team to ensure technical requirements are clear and understood and interface between end users and development team
- Manage UAT for new or altered systemsMaintaining systems software and hardware documentationManage change managementConduct user training
- Manage the IT helpdesk in the Boston office, with 2nd level support from the UK office helpdesk
- Manage IT Budgets planning and spend
- Basic support for servers, network hardware, firewalls, internet connections etc.
- Support for desktop and laptops
- Manage and support software licensing and usage
- Communications and AV Support and maintenance
- Provide technical support to staff for software and systems
- 2+ years’ experience in Business & Data analysis
- Have an excellent understanding of business environments
- Be able to demonstrate creative thinking skills to engage stakeholders, uncover needs, and identify new approaches and ideas
- The ability to create a context level diagram to identify interfaces, data flows, and high-level processes associated with projects
- Experience in reducing confusion and development errors by creating thorough requirements that can be easily understood by users or developers
- Working knowledge of project management methodology in the IT service industry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2010 with experience of SQL a benefit
- Working knowledge of the following business applications, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools and Finance Applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- 2+ years of hands-on IT management of desktop and server support and systems administration
- Good knowledge of desktop and server hardware, hardware trouble shooting, basic server maintenance, NIC setup etc.
- Ability to install operating systems and upgrade desktop computers, memory, hard disks, processors essential
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Products