Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Salary: Circa £40,000
Deadline for Application: May 28, 2017
Earthwatch is recruiting for a Technical Project Manager to shape and lead an exciting green-field project creating a new portal for one of our key partners.
To lead the full delivery and implementation of a high-profile web application for an Earthwatch partner, HSBC.
- Plan and coordinate project schedules, goals and milestones and ensure effective implementation
- Create technical documentation as needed and report on progress of project
- Adhere to budgets and keep project on track for successful completion within specification
- Identify, engage and manage IT supplier
- Work collaboratively across the organisation and with external stakeholders, supporting and guiding to ensure effective delivery of the project
- Proactive identification and prompt resolution of problems
- Ensure effective and timely communications to relevant stakeholders
- Responsive and credible client relationship management
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required in the position and contribute to wider activity and the overall success of the team
- Quantifiable experience in managing the completion of all project phases from inception to transition.
- Helping create and continuously evolving the project delivery framework to best practice and based on industry standards such as Agile (SCRUM) & Prince2.
- Good technical understanding of web development to ensure the requirements and challenges of the delivery team are understood
- Experience of guiding colleagues through agile delivery method
- Engaging and managing external delivery partners and stakeholders
- Delivering against mile-stone tasks
- Managing budgets of up to £1m
- Problem solver
- Impediment remover
- Good project management communication skills, i.e. the ability to communicate up, down and across
- Ability to control scope and focus on outcomes not features
- Experience of managing budgets, resources and risks
- Commitment to the mission and values of Earthwatch
The above list of job deliverables is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and level of the post
Due to the immediate nature of this role, applications will be screened and candidates may be interviewed before the closing date