This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Department: Program Delivery
Salary: $36,565 to $42,745
Earthwatch is seeking an organized and adaptable individual, with experience in coordinating international programs and a solid understanding of science and sustainability. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Program Managers in the creation and delivery of citizen science programs and projects, in particular corporate sustainability programs. He or she will be responsible for all aspects of preparing participants for their programs, in Spanish and in English, and stewarding scientists.
The successful candidate must be fluent in Spanish and possess exemplary customer service skills. The role requires some international travel, as he or she will also be responsible for delivering learning sessions to participants in Mexico. The role requires creativity and flexibility in an often fast paced environment, as well as the ability to interact collaboratively across internal departments and with participants.
Preparing participants for field expeditions
- Deliver prompt, friendly and consistent high-quality customer service and participant stewardship
- Collect materials and answer questions via email and phone communication
- Collect, log and screen participant forms
- Work across departments to resolve participant requests, questions, and overcome fielding challenges
- Field incoming phone calls from general inquiries, potential and current participants
- Transmit participant information to scientists
- Coordinate conference calls, webinars and/or events for participants
- Collect and share stories
Program & Project Support
- Assist Program Managers with stewardship of scientists, funders, and partner organizations
- Coordinate materials to and from scientists and partners
- Assist with development and updating of risk management materials
- Organize, request and track pre-fielding documents to scientists, including annual contracts and risk management documents
- Support creation of and disseminate key program materials (expedition briefing, flyers, letters, etc.)
- Maintain project, program and participant data in the CRM database to a high standard
- Collect and share evaluation data
- Support Marketing with information for communications, website updates, etc. as needed
- Support and participate in training events for Earthwatch staff and scientists
- 2-4 annual trips to Mexico to deliver learning sessions to Spanish speaking citizen science participants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience in facilitation or teaching in Spanish strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (in science, education, sustainability, nonprofit or environmental studies preferred)
- 1 – 3 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, environment, sustainability, or field research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of strong customer service
- Ability to develop good relationships with colleagues, scientists and participants
- Exceptional listening, organization and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with initiative
- Detail-oriented, adaptable and motivated
- Willingness to learn and work collaboratively across teams
- Willingness to offer constructive and creative solutions for better mission delivery, revenue generation and results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and relational databases (such as CRM Dynamics)
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to Earthwatch’s mission and values
- Experience leading or facilitating experiential learning in the field (international programs preferred)
- Interest in or experience with corporate sustainability initiatives preferred
- First Aid or other medical training preferred
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via the form below.
No phone calls please. Due to limited resources, we are only able to accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States. Earthwatch is an equal opportunity employer.
For over 45 years, Earthwatch has connected people from around the planet with world-class scientists to help change environmental policies, achieve critical conservation goals, and produce groundbreaking findings. We support real objective scientific fieldwork while connecting people to the environment in a personal and often profound way. Our participants contribute directly to urgent global environmental issues and have the adventure of a lifetime in the process.
Each and every staff member genuinely believes in our mission. The work we do isn’t just a job; it’s about ensuring a brighter future for our planet. We are passionate, committed to excellence, and supportive of one another - and we love science! Plus, we occasionally get to go out into the field to collect data, be a part of cutting edge hands-on field science, and experience parts of the world that most people can only dream about.
- Opportunities to field on research projects and staff discounts
- 401k retirement plan with 6% employer match
- Health insurance with health reimbursement, dental insurance and flexible spending accounts
- 100% employer paid life, long term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, employee assistance program, and short term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and parental leave
- Potential for flexible working hours and/or regular work-at-home days
- Many professional development opportunities, including professional development grant program, mentor program, internal and external training, conferences and more
- Free breakfast every Friday!
- Many fun employee engagement/appreciation events