Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
As a multimedia intern, you will assist Earthwatch’s Communications Department with a variety of tasks relating to outreach and engagement with the Earthwatch audience. You will help to manage Earthwatch’s social media channels by developing content, contribute to the blog, archive and digitize Earthwatch media material, and support efforts to generate new marketing campaigns. For spring interns, you will get the opportunity to help plan and execute content and events for the 2018 City Nature Challenge, an international 3-day citizen science challenge uncovering the biodiversity within local communities.
- Post actively on all social media channels, in coordination with Multimedia Coordinator
- Help develop new strategies and campaigns for social channels
- Report social media analytics on monthly basis
- Explore potential of new social media tools
- Assist in effort to archive and digitize Earthwatch media materials
- Research and write content for Earthwatch blog
- Assist Marketing Manager in researching and crafting content for marketing campaigns
- Strong interest in environmental and conservation news
- Social media management experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while working independently
- Majoring in communications or comparable experience in this field
- Experience with Final Cut Pro a plus
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- 1-2 examples each of a post for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that you would write if you were managing the Earthwatch social channels
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use towards a qualified Earthwatch expedition and are invited to participate in all Earthwatch activities. We require a minimum commitment of 120 hours over a minimum of 1 month. We also encourage use of the internship for academic credit, thesis, or practicum work towards degree or certificate programs.
This position is based in our Boston office at 114 Western Avenue, Boston, MA 02134.
We are only able to accept Massachusetts based applicants into the program, or those with a confirmed place to stay within commuting distance to Boston. Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the United States. All interns are required to have individual health insurance. Placement will be subject to qualifications and availability.
Earthwatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.