Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
This intern will support the Program team to evaluate the impact of Earthwatch expeditions on education program participants. Our education programs provide teachers with professional development opportunities and teen with hands on STEM learning. As an intern you will assist in collecting and analyzing evaluation data from these program participants to communicate a compelling story.
This internship offers training in a variety of tasks and provides individuals an opportunity to be part of an exciting and dynamic team. The focus of the internship will be on evaluating the impact of Earthwatch expeditions on teacher fellows and student fellows. Internship responsibilities may shift as programs evolve. Responsibilities include:
- Collect qualitative data of program participants using online surveys
- Collate data, store, and ensure that data is routinely collated, consistent and accurate
- Analyze data from participant surveys to illustrate impact on their professional development, ability to teach STEM, dedication to STEM, personal change, and other factors
- Compare evaluation strategies across programs to ensure consistency and develop insights into opportunities for efficiency
- Produce report on impacts of each program
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably connected to evaluating impact and contribute to wider activity and the overall success of the organization
- Experience conducting research or monitoring and evaluation, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Proficiency in statistical analysis
- Excellent writing skills
- Resourceful and energetic
- Ability to meet deadlines while working independently
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a statistical software, please specify type in Cover Letter
- Strong interest and understanding of the Earthwatch mission
We require a minimum commitment of 120 hours. We are looking for a part time intern for approximately 10-20 hours per week. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the appropriate candidate is found.
Please submit your application through the form below. Attach a single document with the following information:
- A Cover Letter illustrating your qualifications, why you are interested in this internship, and what you are looking to gain from this internship.
- A current resume, detailing relevant field and/or office experience.
- Your availability (days per week, and months of availability). We are open to this position starting immediately or in the summer.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use towards a qualified Earthwatch expedition. Although three or more months are preferred, we require a minimum commitment of 120 hours. We also encourage use of the internships for academic credit, thesis, or practicum work towards degree or certificate programs.
We are only able to accept Massachusetts based applicants into the program, or those with a confirmed place to stay within commuting distance to our Boston office. Applicants must currently be eligible work in the United States. All interns are required to have individual health insurance. Placement will be subject to qualifications and availability.