Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
This intern will support the Teach Earth program (earthwatch.org/teachearth) to achieve its goal of improving science education and environmental education by providing educators with a hands-on field experience. These educators return to the classroom with new perspectives and knowledge, invigorated and inspired to share the experience of real discovery with their students. As an intern you will assist in a variety of tasks relating to building awareness of this program in the teacher community, seeking grant opportunities, and building the program’s alumni network.
Internships offer training in a variety of tasks and provide individuals an opportunity to be part of an exciting and dynamic team. Internship responsibilities may shift with seasonal needs. Responsibilities may include:
- Building awareness of Teach Earth among k-12 educators through online research, social media, and outreach
- Researching funding opportunities
- Researching outreach lists for teacher recruitment
- Build alumni network and community through social media and outreach
- Interest in environmental education, teacher professional development, non-profit business development.
- Exceptional organizational ability and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate on a team.
- Desire to help scale up an impactful program.
- Experience with citizen science (optional)
Earthwatch interns can take part in the Intern Credit Program in which they receive credits to use towards a qualified Earthwatch expedition and are invited to participate in all Earthwatch activities. Although three or more months are preferred, we require a minimum commitment of one month and 120 hours. We also encourage use of the internship for academic credit, thesis, or practicum work towards degree or certificate programs.
All applicants must make their own living arrangements for them to stay within commuting distance to Boston. Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the United States. All interns are required to have individual health insurance. Placement will be subject to qualifications and availability.
To apply, please submit one document containing all of the following items.
- A Cover Letter illustrating your qualifications, why you are interested in this internship, and what you are looking to gain from this internship.
- A current resume, detailing relevant field and/or office experience.
- Your availability (days per week, and months of availability). We are looking for someone who can start immediately.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.